If your Windows hosting package includes subdomains then you can create subdomains in Plesk. which are additional third-level domain names, you can create and use them to:
- Organize logically the structure of your site.
- Host additional websites or parts of a website on the same server without the need to pay for registration of additional domain names.
An example of using subdomains:
You have a website example.com dedicated to promoting and selling your product. For publishing information related to customer service and online order tracking. You can organize the subdomain “orders” so that your users will be able to access this information directly by visiting the Internet address “orders.example.com”.
As create subdomains in Plesk have the same status with the additional domains. You can use the same set of tools and services for working with subdomains. For example, SSL protection, web statistics, and so on.
To create or add a subdomain for a website in Plesk Control Panel:
- Login To Plesk Control Panel.
- Go to Websites & Domains.
- Click Add Subdomain.
- Specify the following:
- In the Subdomain name box, type the portion of the address that will be added to the domain name of your main site.
- At the Parent domain box, Select the domain name you wish to create the subdomain for from this drop-down menu.
- In the Document root box, type the desired location of the directory where all files and subdirectories of this site will be kept. You can use the default directory of the main site httpdocs or specify another directory.
- Click OK.
The new subdomain name is now showing in the list at the bottom of the screen.